sunnuntai 11. marraskuuta 2007

About Blogs

Ive read this and Im going to comment it briefly
http://jilltxt.net/txt/Weblogs-learninginpublic.pdf


In my opinion Blogs can be useful. In the sense that the student knows that anyone can read what he puts here. So he might feel some additional burn of guilt if he is plagiarising hes works from someone else. Also the fact that you can read the works of your class mates can be useful.

In this particular case the blog itself dosn't really offer us any practical benefits since we are only learning to use it. But I can see how it might be useful in some future course.

3 kommenttia:

Jill kirjoitti...

Thanks for commenting on my paper! I'd love to know more about your response to it.

Are you learning anything about how blogs work? What it means to be a participant in a networked world? What it means to be one of the people who MAKES media instead of only being able to listen to it, read it and watch it as we would have been ten or fifteen years ago?

Antti kirjoitti...

jill: I'll answer here trusting that you might check back :) . Anyways I found your paper to be easy and entertaining to read. I never had to read anything back twice. It flowed from subject to another and it was easy to follow.

On the subject of Blogs, this blog is actually similar to what you "forced" your students to do :) . This is actually Information Tech course and mainly about basics. I don't need them so much to be honest (atleast thats what I tell myself) but its mandatory :) . Althou I'll admit that I never used blogs before - neither really read or wrote in to them. Forums I have used a lot and the concept is some what similar to blogs.

Media is becoming more interactive and its a good thing. I dont really watch TV anymore - Im more into interactive media. Of course I still never say no to good movies, but thats another thing :) .

I was actually quite suprised that someone outside our course actually posted something here. Guess you got back on me with the link i posted. Gives some real feel to it. What about being part of networked world ? I think it teaches me even more. I think i learn more - There are so much more things i need to be involved in and areas that I could never come across normally.

Dunno if i forgot something, thats what came to mind at first.

Taimi kirjoitti...

I think it's great you got this answer from the writer!
And, when you answered to her, you improved your work!